It only makes sense to combine them and use natural stone tiles to add classic elegance and style to your backsplash. They are timeless, so you don’t ever need to worry about the backsplash going out of style. There are also so many color and design options, you’ll easily be able to coordinate them with your overall kitchen decor to create a stunning focal point.
Popular backsplash stone tiles
- Marble. This is one of the most luxurious stones with veining variations that are always one-of-a-kind. Marble backsplashes can add dramatic contrast to a room with dark cabinets or give even more light to a room with white or light-colored ones. They do require a bit more maintenance, but as long as they’re sealed and used on a backsplash, you’ll be fine.
- Granite. This is considered the hardest rock, and people love it because of the stone’s strength, durability, and heat resistance. It also comes in many colors and veining variations.
- Soapstone. This is completely impervious to liquid, so you don’t need to worry about stains. It withstands scratches, too. Soapstone has a distinctive marbling that will uplevel any kitchen.
- Limestone. This is durable and resistant to mold and bacteria with visuals that include patterned specks or streaks, as well as a large color assortment.
- Slate. This stone adds sophistication and functionality with waterproof capabilities and easy cleanability--grease stains just wipe off.
- Travertine. Used for decades as a building material, this comes in a natural color palette with striation and pockets. It’s durable and resistant to water and moisture.
Various finishesThere are many kinds of finishes. but these are the most common: Polishing makes stone slick, reflective, and shiny, Honing is similar to polishing, but the result is a matte, satin-like, and somewhat glassy look. Tumbling means the stone goes into a special machine and their edges are smooth and polished, making them look almost like marbles.
Come to learn more about stone tile and the backsplash. Floors ‘n More has showroom locations in Jacksonville and Mandarin, FL, and we service the surrounding areas of Jacksonville, Atlantic Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach, and Neptune.