Wow! Notice how the words to describe holiday lights--festive, sparkle, brightest--are the very same words that can be used to describe tile flooring: www.patch.com Rosie Purdy.
Here are some of the most up-to-date looks that’ll probably be popular for years to come.
1. Wood-look tile. While hardly a new idea, the wood looks had started to gain momentum in 2017, and that will undoubtedly continue for a while. This look isn’t just for the kitchen or bath but you can use it anywhere in the house: Living room, dining room, and bedroom. You can’t even tell it’s not hardwood, but these tiles do offer something hardwood can’t: complete water-resistance and that makes installation choices a little more versatile; you could never install hardwood in a bathroom or anywhere there’s excess water.
2. Marble looks. Classy, elegant, stylish and timeless, this look will never go out of style. The reason so many opt for a marble-look tile, as opposed to real marble, is because the real thing can be difficult to clean. It’s soft and porous, while everything just sits on the tile surface, waiting for that mop or cloth.
3. Bold and beautiful: Color is back in a big way. Bold is here in a big way. Use your imagination and mix and match colors and patterns. Budget limited? Not to worry. You can always use a less expensive one as the main flooring, and use the expensive tiles as an accessory, say, around the grout line.
4. Metallic looks. These are especially popular on bathroom floors, and you can get looks that mimic copper, pewter, brass.
5. Patterns. You’ll see a lot of geometrics. Parquet floors are coming back, so expect to see parquet tile patterns. Herringbone and chevron patterns are also hot.
6. Shapes, such as hexagons and octagons. Here’s where you might want to get creative with your mix and match, combining some bold colors like red and black with some patterns like a star.
7. Mixed widths. Use your imagination to create a pattern from different widths to make the floor pop.
Rebuild from the floor up, says About Floors n’ More of Jacksonville, FL. Come into our location and let us help you get creative! Besides tile, we also carry carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and stone.