- Soft Cloths
- Stain Remover
- Vampire Repellant
- First, moisten the candy with cold water. This may take some time, but will dissolve the sugars that are bonding it to the carpet. Once the candy is dissolved enough to loosen, start pulling the large pieces of candy out of the carpet. It may be necessary to use a spoon (not your favorite one) to scrape the candy off of the carpet fibers.
- Next, apply a color-safe stain remover to any stains that remain on the carpet.
- Blot the area with a clean cloth to absorb the stain remover along with the stain. Remember to flip to the clean side of the cloth frequently to avoid reapplying the stain.
- If the stain proves to be a pesky one, simply blot the area again using a cloth moistened with white vinegar.
- Once the stain has been completely removed, blot the area with a clean cloth moistened with plain water to rinse.
- Blot with a dry cloth to remove any excess moisture.
- Allow the area to dry completely before allowing any more ghouls or goblins in.
Secrets for extra tough spots:
- We’ve found that citrus cleaners work especially well on tough-to-treat spots
- DO NOT USE Hot Water. This can set the stains that are left before from the candy. Cold water is your best defense as it will dissolve the candy without increasing the stain.