Now, you can spend countless hours researching and checking things online, yet there’s nothing like meeting our experts face-to-face to get all your flooring questions answered! You will be properly informed and feel more confident about your decision, so come check out our vast selection at About Floors n’ More, Jacksonville, FL.
Laminate flooring, vinyl flooring…what’s the difference?
In a nutshell, they are both hard surface coverings that can be installed as floating floors and can imitate wood. While one has a more realistic wood-like feel and look, the other is more flexible and waterproof. But whether to go with laminate flooring or vinyl flooring largely depends where you plan to install it and what kind of usage the area will see over the years. The following outlines some pros to consider as you decide.
- It can be installed on top of stable, pre-existing flooring, except carpet.
- Provides a realistic look, feel and sound of wood.
- Durable and will last for years.
- Easy Maintenance and it is allergen friendly.
- Like laminate, luxury vinyl can be installed over existing, stable flooring too, except for carpeting.
- Mimics the appearance of real wood.
- Soft and warm underfoot with a more cushioned and cozier feel.
- Durable with a long span, with the proper upkeep.
- Equally easy maintenance and great for allergy sufferers.
Curious about which selection would suit your makeover? Do you still have lots of questions about these two great hard flooring options? Then come meet our friendly staff at About Floors n’ More, Jacksonville, FL! You’ll be one step closer to finding the right flooring solution for your home.